Experiences Canada is excited to connect with past participants – whether you traveled weeks, months, or years ago. You play a vital role in ensuring that more youth have the same opportunity to learn and see their country.
Join the Experiences Canada alumni network!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What alumni opportunities are available?
We are very keen to stay in touch with our past participants! If you haven’t already done so, sign up for our Experiences Canada alumni Instagram page, or our Facebook page. Each year we also invite alumni to apply for one of 12 positions on our national youth advisory committee, and we are always looking for alumni to help support the program by volunteering to visit with schools and groups in your community who may be travelling on exchange for the first time, or assisting us at local teachers conferences and presentations. From time to time, we also offer opportunities for alumni to represent Experiences Canada at other national youth conferences and events.
Are there opportunities for individual exchanges and travel experiences?
Our regular program is a group exchange. Occasionally, Experiences Canada organizes youth forums that are open for individual youth to apply. If you would like to be put on our youth mailing list to be notified of future opportunities please register here.
What if I have other questions?
Experiences Canada staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm (Eastern Standard Time) to answer any and all of your questions.
SHARE YOUR STORY
- We love to hear from you! Send photos, videos, news clippings, and testimonials to email@example.com or Submit a profile on what your Experiences Canada experience was like and what you are doing now!
- ‘Like’ the Experiences Canada Facebook Page to share your memories and connect with other participants. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Write a letter to your MP or MPP to tell them the value of the Experiences Canada exchange.
- Spread the word! Talk to your community or school leader about participating in an Experiences Canada program.
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL (YAC)
Experiences Canada knows providing the best possible experience for young people is impossible without their input! The Experiences Canada Youth Advisory Committee, known as “The YAC”, is made up of youth from across Canada who provide us with their perspective on how we can improve our exchange programs. The YAC helps to raise awareness for Experiences Canada and undertakes a variety of activities to help us offer a better experience for our participants! The members of the YAC come together in Ottawa each November to make a presentation to our Board of Directors. Members also participate in monthly telephone conference calls with Experiences staff to track the committee’s goals throughout the year. As a member of the YAC, youth have the option of serving for up to two years, with the possibility of a third year if elected to the committee’s executive.
WHO CAN JOIN? YOU CAN, IF YOU:
- Have participated in an Experiences Canada exchange or forum within the last 3 years;
- Are between the ages of 14 and 17;
- During their two-year tenure will have at least one year remaining in high school;
- Have been recommended for participation by your school or community group.
- Have your opinions heard and help improve the future of exchanges;
- Extend your exchange experience by meeting new people and learning more about how we operate
- Travel to Ottawa for an annual face-to-face committee meeting;
- Earn valuable volunteer work experiences, expand your networks, and receive news of other amazing opportunities across the country!
WHAT DO MEMBERS OF “THE YAC” DO?
- Work on initiatives and projects determined by the Committee
- Participate in media and public relations associated with their committee participation
- Participate in teleconferences throughout the year
- Travel to Ottawa once a year
- Agree to be on the committee for two years (from June to June)
Members of the committee are selected in June. Membership in the committee runs from June until June two years later. If the Idea of contributing your voice, ideas, and enthusiasm to our mission appeals to you;
2019 YAC Members (Left To Right): Back row: Isaac Grass (Vice President), Nathanial Vincent, Maxime Boudreau, Christopher Haller, Cédrik Lesage, Sant Singh (Secretary); Middle row: Kailyn Sherren, Mikaelle Simard, Taylor Reimer; Front row: Danèle Dequier, Catherine Cadigan, Spencer Bubis (President), Kiara Gamroth; Not pictured: Saviluk Thomassie, Mathilde Inkel.