Director Development and Communications
Experiences Canada is a national charitable organization that helps to open young people`s minds and see a broader world by providing experiential learning and travel opportunities within Canada. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser and marketer to help raise awareness for our expanding programs, broaden our reach, and develop new stakeholder relationships.
Key Deliverables and Tasks
- Support the President and CEO and the Board of Directors in designing and implementing a new 3-5 year fund development strategy
- Identify prospects and develop cultivation and solicitation strategies to recruit new donors
- Determine and implement stewardship strategies for existing donors
- Participate and engage with donors to support stewardship and solicitation
- Ensure all donors are appropriately acknowledged, thanked, receipted, and kept engaged
- Lead program evaluation (KPI development and monitoring; post event surveys and longitudinal impact study surveys)
- Maintain contact records and track donor contributions
- Oversee the design and implementation of a multi-faceted communications strategy to appeal to our target youth audience; parents and educators; as well as key stakeholders and influencers
- Organize key national promotional events, including fundraising events, funding announcements, program consultations, the Annual General Meeting, and media opportunities with travelling youth
- Manage and deliver on direct marketing appeals such as alumni appeals, online fundraising and, e-blasts and corporate/foundation proposals
- Optimize digital marketing channels and monitor engagement strategy and campaigns
- Manage Google grants and SEO tactics to increase donor engagement and conversion
- Write and bring to online publish key annual stewardship reports such as Exchanges Digital Yearbook , Youth Leadership Forum Reports, and the Annual Corporate Report
- As part of the Senior Management team, participate in senior management meetings, contribute design, implementation and reporting on strategic and operating plans
- Serve as lead contact for Board of Director`s Development and Communications Committee
- Supervise one direct report and communications interns on staff throughout the year
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews for direct reports
- Foster a positive team culture, and build trusting, collaborative, respectful and productive internal and external relationships to deliver results
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fund development, solicitation and stewardship.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications or related discipline
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English essential, bilingual competency highly desirable
- Competency in CRM systems (Salesforce), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required, and a working knowledge of WordPress, Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp are an asset.
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Great initiative, teamwork and ability to work well under pressure.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven management skills.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Reports to: President and CEO
Type of contract: Full-time permanent
Anticipated start date: April 2019
Salary and benefits: $ 65,000 – 75,000 plus performance incentive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive retirement and health care benefits program.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12, 2019.